Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Beginning

Not the actual beginnings of my microlimit poker adventures, but the beginnings of recorded history for my microlimit adventures.

Why am I recording my misadventures in microlimits (on and off the felt)? I decided to give something back after having lived off the tales of other bloggers with similar interests/lives. I also wanted some record of how much the microlimit distraction is costing me.

That's right, I lose money at the microlimits and I don't think it is just because of the rake. This leads me to my first dilemma/topic – how to get money on a poker site in the UIEGA era. The best way to get it on (not worried about taking it out because it doesn’t happen at the micro-limits) that I have found is using the prepaid VISA from “gift2go” The two ways to get one are (1) order from their website (www.gift2go.net) or (2) go to a Walgreens and get one at the store. Option 2 is the fastest but most expensive in terms of gift2go fees. The $100 card at the store is activated immediately but cost $5.95 in fees (this is how gift2go/IDT financial/Marshall Bank/Walgreens makes its money). If you go option 1, you can get a $250 card for $5.95 in fees, but you have to wait for it to arrive in the mail (1-2 weeks). If you look at the website, you can see the pricing (although $100 card is only $4.95 in fees through the site but $5.95 in fees at Walgreens). I know it doesn’t sound like much, but these are the MICRO-LIMIT adventures and every dollar counts!

I will go for the quick fix and hit the local Walgreens tonight for $100 to start to the recorded adventure bankroll.

Stay tuned if you are bored or an aspiring micro-limit pro …

No comments: