Tuesday, June 5, 2007

2/4 No Limit Crushed me

I haven't updated the results yet, but hopefully soon/tonight. The first night wasn't bad, started of with normal PStars bullshit AK lost to A7, AK lost to AJ, QQ lost to KJ, and KK lost to AQ. Believe me when I say I understand statistics, variance, and statistical runs/streaks etc, but everyone I know shouldn't see these freaky types of streaks in such short sample periods. I think most of the problem comes from generally remembering the bad variance and not the good, plus you remember the variance that knocked you out versus the one that just changed your chip stack less drastically. Still, I - and others - have keep pretty accurate statistics on what is happening to us and basically we are all in a shitty streak.

For me (similar to the others) over the last 2+ months I am approx. 18% for hitting my flush after the flop (yea, thats whether I played or folded the only filter is obviously if the turn and river were actually dealt) and approx. 13.5% for hitting my straight when open ended. On the other side of the fence (less accurate statistics because I didn't pay as much attention to my opponents and didn't always get to see what they had if they folded), it seems like the heroes are getting the flush and straights in the low 40s.

Rigged - not likely: Seeded - possible but not likely: Run of negative variance at critical times (and selective memory) - YOU ARE GODDAMN RIGHT!

Anyways, took a 1st and 2nd out of 6 single table SNGs and a couple of bucks off the ring games on PStars.

Next, I tried 4 tabling limit Hold em games on Full tilt. Clear some bonus and made about $10 bucks, but it was too much given my puny single screen set up. Obviously, the 22" LCD is on its way (thanks to badbeat for helping to pick it out) and should be here Thursday.

That was early Friday before the real fun started. Stay tuned for more details ...

No comments: